Subject: Re:
From: [email-masked] (Andrew Weiler)
To: Multiple recipients of list <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 1996 13:05:14 -0700

>[email-masked] writes:
>
>> AutoPatcher patches multiple spline patches at once. I have played with it a
>> little but don't (personaly) find it too often useful. When I am spline patch
>> modeling, I like to examine, check each patch as it's made, possibly
>> adjusting the cage as I go. I am not as comfortable with patching them all at
>> once.
>> 
>
>I've never seen any of LW digitizers working with Modeler, but 
>AutoPatcher would be just the tool for them (unless, of course, those
>digitizers come with some AutoPatcher plug-in/macro with them).
>
>Gonzalo Garramuno

Some of the other new features in 5.0 may render it useless, but at present
I spend an inordinate amount of time hand patching splines for morph
targets, to the point that it's almost not practical and useful. With an
autopatcher I can see myself adjusting several copies of a spline cage and
then patching them all for morph targets. Maybe someone at Vinton can
comment, but I believe this is how the M&M's were done?

Andrew Weiler
----------------------------------------------------------------------
                           Active Images
          3D Graphic Design and Animation
        http://www.mindspring.com/~aweiler/
                 [email-masked]
-----------------------------------------------------------------------